14 November, 2009

CRACKED...Part II

Water was sucked up and we started the process of drying out.  However, this is where things started to get tangled which leads to the CRACKED up part. 

There was a ton of laundry involved in this water mess.  I needed professional help to clean all of my items, as they took on all that water and started to stink!  The building's attempt to rectify all of these issues fell short, really short. 

I was told to have my laundry taken to a cleaner and that I would be reimbursed.  I was told there were be a cleaning service to clean the dirty damage along with a credit for my electric.  Stanley STeamer would come out again and clean my rugs too. 

Well none of that happened.  We still have items on our table from the incident.  My landlady did say to take off the laundry bill from rent, (tears where in my eyes as I read her email saying she would take care of this item for us...).  However, the rest of it, untouched and denied in terms of doing anything.

I was told by the building assoc. member to move if I didn't like her answers and when I said well you lied to me in saying all of this woudl be taken care of, she just said, oh well I am a volunteer. 

After this .... I CRACKED! 

What do I mean?  I mean that for the past 6 months, I have started to appreciate my present living situation for what it is.  I started to live in the moment, not for the future and enjoy my life.  I started saying I was happy with our lives and realized we were living a good life.  Solid, strong and happy existence was an achievement.  

All of it went away and I was back to the woman I was of yesterday... a complainer and critic! 

I started spewing my rants like sewage water!
I was done with apartment living, I never liked it!  Hated relying on people that are unreliable.  I wanted my own house, a bathtub, a garage, I want grass my own grass, my own yard, I didn't want to share any elevators with anyone anymore!  I don't want a dinky mail slot that doesn't even hold a magazine so I have to wait for the glorified janitor to give me the rest of my mail.... I don't want to have limited guests over because there are no parking spaces available... I don't want to live in fear of hurricanes, I don't want eternal summer, I LIKE, LOVE snow!  I am ready to move and I want out NOW! 

There was much more to the rant, but suffice to say, I was reminded by the Universe to not get too comfy, because at the end of the day, this isn't my ideal.  And yes, there are ideals that can be acheived on this planet.  For example.... don't like red ants or large palmetto bugs... move north!  You can leave your issues behind!  Dont like hurricanes, move inland!  Don't care for palm trees that drop coconus like bombs to knock you out if you are underneath???(yes folks it does happen and will cause damage, severe damage), then move north.  I actually change my driving patterns when the coconuts are in season, so I don't drive under a tree to damage my car. 

The things I don't like here, are all remedied by a move north/west of here by about 7 hours.  to rid myself of above mentioned bugs... then another 10 hours.  Ideal city/local...

ASHEVILLE, NC.  This is it, for me.  In the USA this one spot is soemthing of a nirvana for me.  I love it, just LOVE it.  There are other places that would work, but this one spot is just so comfortable and lovely. 

The CRACKED part, well it was me not living in peace and I didn't like it.  I didn't like the ugly me, complaining and such.  It felt uncomfortable.  I am starting to get back on track and live on my terms again, but I do know what I need to do.  I need to not settle for this place.  IT may be an Island Paradise for some... but it isn't mine.  I prefer different things. 

There are people who take vacations to the carribean... there are people who take vacations to Europe... I am the latter and am just fine saying so. 

I will live here as long as we need to, but realize there is another move or two or three ahead of us.  I will not start envisioning buying a home here, as this is not where our home is to be long term.  Next year is another opportunity for a move and we will hold on until then. 

For now, we will continue the long extended vacation we are having here and learn what we can from this place in order to before for the next place.

No comments: