13 February, 2010

Update on Health

A week ago today, mystikman went for a colonoscopy.   The 3 weeks prior, he had some serious digestive issues resulting in a bunch of nothing, meaning nothing coming out.  So we were all very worried about where the food was going and what it was doing to his body. 

The doctor found some polyps, removed them, took biopsies and discovered a Hiatal Hernia.  The colon was completely inflamed and not normal looking in the least.  There was cancer found on one polyp, abnormal cells found on the others.  All of this was told to me via a phone call the next day from a doctor that has ZERO compassion for the news he was to deliver a scary wife and mother of 2 young boys.  When I asked a question about natural foods, diet and other holstic things we could do to help, the doctor told me "No, I don't do that, go get another doctor", and hung up on me. 

The tears flew out of me as I couldn't believe the scariest thing to hear was delivered by the man who I was supposed to trust in helping my husband get better. 

Since that phone call....

Much dialogue regarding feelings, thoughts and options with other friends, family and resources.  Books, internet sites read voraciously, emails sent in from friends that know of others who have either Crohns, Colitis, IBS etc all read intently.  Spoke with a Nutritionist friend and Yogi, Acupuncturist and Chinese Doctor.  Called around to find other doctors on our insurance plan for second and third opinions.  Reiki given almost every night for at least 30 minutes at a time.  Dark green leafy vegtable smoothie diet followed by mystikman too.  More tears off and on...

Boys know that daddy has boo boos inside his body and that we need to seek out doctors to help him get better.  They know that food if used incorrectly will make the body not work the way it should.  They have dealt with the change to almond milk, no ham, more homecooked lunches actually like troopers.  They know that they have to learn to take care of their body and support daddy in taking care of his body. 

We still are waiting on some test results to figure out what he has, beyond the abnormal cell growth.  There will be follow up colonoscopies and maybe even a CAT scan to check all other organs. 

Today, feeling okay.  This was caught early and we have an AMAZING support team around us.  We have energy workers and our Acupuncturist has been a GodSend!  The Chinese Doctor gave us the most encouraging news and a path to healing that we both felt was appropriate.  So there is renewed hope that this is all just one big wake up call to change our diets, habits and focus. 

As I know more, I will post, but for now, we are trying to make diet changes, and celebrating the little milestones when mystikman has a poop, no matter how small.  It means something is starting to work. 

I am grateful to all those who have shown support, given prayers and positive healing energy in mystikman's name.  Without this support system, I am not certain where we would be. 

1 comment:

mecamo said...

Hey,
don't know how I came to this site? I have read your story and I feel sad. Well, what kind of doctor is that, guess he bought is certificate somewhere? I used to have some health problems, too. And I don't trust Doctors at all anymore... Maybe you are interested in Prof.Dr. Hulda Regehr Clark (american) or in Dr.Helena Budwig (german)? Both work totally different, but they have one same goal, to help people. You will get a lot of Infos viva Internet. But for myself I bought some books of those ladies. Books from Hulda Clark you can find from a American library. Both wise women are cancer speciallists. If you do all their steps (I practise both ways and this wasn't easy at all, totally life change...) you can cure even bad cancer diseases. Dr. Hulda Clark has few books, her first and her cancer books are pretty good and she explains a lot, but dont be confuse, because her ways are very strict. Some people are talking bad about those ladies, but I think, its always better to check all ways by yourself, because normal MD doctors are not holly people and cure everything. Well, sorry for my bad English. All the best for you and especially for your husband...