02 February, 2011

Groudhog's Day ...I RESURFACE!

Last post was the last day of the year.  Finally, much like the groundhog, I crawl out of my blogging cave to resurface! 

I admit to spending too much time over in Facebook Land, which I was much opposed to in the beginning.  However, I find most of what I do over there is focused on activism and keeping up on issues that are important to me.  I am very concerned with our food supply and keep up on the organic fight to non GMO foods.  Also I follow an author there who is in the thick of uncovering the truth about women in our religious herstory.  What a different world we would live in if the men of the past didn't cover up and scandalize those beautifully strong women. 

So FB is my way to stay connected to issues and I almost always prefer a good solid email between friends.  Blogging has taken the back seat as I haven't been in the pensive mode lately.  Granted we were relocating, house hunting, setting up the house, homeschooling etc, but I am trying to figure out what needs to happen in this space and haven't found out the purpose yet.  I feel changes coming and I need to give it the time and space for it to arrive I guess.

In the meantime, I posted a response to a fellow blogger taking about the "other" woman... the one who we were before marriage, children, homemaking etc.

Here is my take on my own journey in realizing there was another woman.

"Yes, I understand this one perfectly. It took me a while to get out of meeting babies needs… then it was figure out how to live on one income… then it was relocating to South Florida.. then it was figuring out how to be a homeschooling mom, which led to a homeschooling family…then another relocation which brought about so many skeletons…then finally we found our home which brought renovations…and finally today or really the start of this year, I am coming to terms with the other woman. I have started to carve out time for me, after getting others settled into their lives. It takes us by storm becoming wives, mothers etc. We lose ourselves, because we know how important it is to make those around us comfortable. Thankfully, I found the time to focus inward and to realize I was always there, just waiting, like at the train station for a train that would finally come. I am ready to board my train too now and figuring out my destination has opened up so many possibilities! I also enjoy the thought I have like minded companions on the train via the blogs I read and the journey’s we all seem to want."

Hope you are all on the journey you need to be! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, where in Facebook are you at? I can't find you under "MystikMomma" or your name.