The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

26 March, 2009

The Book of Love

This post is dedicated to the Mystik.

If you were raised with a Christian focus, but found religion to leave you wondering where the women were in all of this or had questions that never seemed to be answered or found the current church out of touch with the simple messages delivered in the 4 approved gospels... then you might enjoy reading The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan.

The true identity of Mary Magdalena is explored. Not only is her identity discovered, but the teaching of Jesus Christ is also brought to life in a more practical, meaningful manner.

The second book to come from this series is The Book of Love. Currently, I am about 2/3 of the way into the book. The story is unfolding before my eyes and I am excited to see my desire in following Jesus is strengthened. If only I could find a community that shares these ideals....

Sad that the Catholic Church and other Christian Churches refuse to allow these other books into play. They fear what would happen if there was a challenge to their current structure. Fear is a blockage... something that holds us back from becoming great.

I try to be fearless in all that I do, always have been this way. I also try to be the best I can be and challenge myself in new ways. We all should be working on this. It is the opening or our heart.

This idea of opening the heart is not lost on me. I did after all join a circle of women years ago to focus on heart centered meditation. This is the coming of divine feminine. We are gearing up for greatness....

No comments: