The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

28 March, 2009

What is beauty?

"Gazing on beautiful things acts on my soul, which thirsts for heavenly light." ~ Michelangelo

What is beautiful? Ah I have a purplish, pale yellow orchid that is in bloom. It rests in a pottery piece I found that makes me happy. There is sunlight streaming in the window, letting us know it is the afternoon, as the air is warmed before night falls.

There are 2 sets of beautiful azure eyes that look upon me daily. When I look into each set, I see beauty of what was, what is and what will be. They are creation, creation of the divine, creation of human love, creation none the less.

Recently, I have just finished The Book of Love. The beauty that is rediscovered in this text calls to my heart. There is a reference to Michelangelo and I am reminded of the first time I saw Davide, The Pieta, Moses, Night and Day, Dawn and Dusk...there are the vast number of paintings...

So when the new post from A Study In Brown had this quote posted... it felt right to reflect on beauty that does stir heavenly light. Heavenly light has been on my mind day and night lately. Finding the path I am to walk on in order to bring Heaven on Earth, as Earth as it is in Heaven...

Heavenly light, well it is all around us, isn't it?

No comments: