The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

11 April, 2009

The Wee Hours...

When one is unable to drift off peacefully to sleep, the mind starts to create, worry, contemplate, discover, budget, rethink, imagine, wonder, replay, scratch- for some odd reason it seems little bugs are on me when I am not sleeping..., fantasize, remember, and pray. All of these mental games were with me well into the wee hours of the morning. Most nights, I have no problem with falling to sleep. In fact it usually happens within 5 minutes during my prayers. I just drift off...

Last night, I was unable to. My prayers kept returning me to Easa, (Jesus), and Mary Magdalene. I also watched the Passion last night to prepare my thoughts on the most Holiest of Events, the Resurrection. It led to a discussion with hubbie that was not altogether horrible, but not the ones I imagine in my head filled with love, inspiration and spiritual fulfillment. I guess I don't know if I will ever share that with hubbie. It is something I so desire, but not certain if I will ever attain.

I said a full rosary last night, I prayed the six petal Our Father, in Gnostic Tradition, I called upon Archangel Michael the guardian saint of my Italian ancestors in Orsara and Saint Nicholas, the guardian saint of a place in Pulgia. As I woke this morning, I tried to remember when it was I actually went to sleep... but today I am rested, and eager for tomorrow's Glory.

In the wee hours we find our silence, our true self, I guess that is not at all bad and it can be restful.

No comments: