The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

16 July, 2008

The Big Truck

Last week, I was in Ohio wrapping up loose ends. The movers were there packing and loading the huge semi truck with most of our belongings. The items we were not taking, I found loving homes for, until we were ready for them, possibly the next move in a couple of years.

I also went through the house and cleaned it, painted over the markings of use from our boys and just in general made it move in ready. It was strange to be there, but it was nice to know we were starting anew, on our own. I found myself missing my new routine of morning crosswords and afternoon/late night reading.

The Big Truck arrives next week, Wednesday. I have couple of days prior to do a thorough cleaning and some painting. The current color scheme is white, white and more white. I need color and warmth! A couple of well choosen accent walls and we will be on our way.

Life will be coming together soon!

No comments: