The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto

18 August, 2008

Checking In

Okay it is our first real threat of bad hurricane like weather, Tropical Storm Fay. Again, the irony is not lost on me here, being the name of my husband's Granny who lived in Florida. Not once did my parent's or siblings call on me to see if we were okay. Is it they are not watching any TV? Is it they figured I would call? Is it they are just so busy to check in on us? Hmmm, once again, I learn to not have expectations and rely on myself. I am the matriarch. I will need to become the woman I want to be and create the lineage downward. My influence will be felt going forward, not back. As I know I need to "get" this, I am still amazed at how it all plays out.

Speaking of family stuff, a dear friend of mine, has been going through an emotionally draining situation. I send her my prayers and peace. Please give a positive thought as well.

Thank you.

No comments: